|Status||Closed - Not Filled|
|Travel Requirements||26 - 50%|
The Solutions Architect’s focus will be working with customers as a leading delivery team member to understand complex requirements and translate them into a solution that leverages cloud-based technologies. The Solutions Architect is responsible for the overall application design that translates business needs to technical requirements. A successful candidate is able to work independently and communicate effectively with team members. The Solutions Architect must be able to articulate an enterprise solution architecture (functionally) that would not only include Salesforce, but also other systems and mechanisms for integrating those applications to render an overall solution for the Client. Solution Architects are often called upon to engage with prospects in scoping and discovery sessions, offering best practice recommendations, on-the-fly solution suggestions and relevant lines of questioning that may not have been prepared in advance of the conversation. Solutions Architects must have strong business acumen to be successful. Previous experience in consulting, technology architecture and/or engineering and sales are needed to effectively meet the requirements of this position.
· Leads requirements gathering and/or design workshops for complex projects
· Provides overall Salesforce.com functional expertise
· Provides overall systems architecture expertise in order to relate to and build upon existing client environments
· Collaborates with Technical Resources to design technical solutions as well as to support the Technical Resources in the development process. Validates that the technical solution meets the functional needs of the users by documenting a testing strategy.
· Develops or contributes to data migration and/or system integrations strategy and develops data mappings
· Develops or contributes to training strategy
· Leads scoping calls
· Offers best practice advice and recommendations to Clients often extending beyond Salesforce to topics around overall systems architecture and CRM strategy
· Supports Pursuit Lead and leads solution discussions for proposal presentation calls, etc.
· Defines project functional scope and assumptions as well as determines effort for configuration
Desired Skills and Experience
· 5+ years experience delivering consulting services, in client-facing roles that provided experience with all aspects of systems implementation, including 3+ years hands-on experience with Salesforce.com
· Proven track record of success of working with business development opportunities and/or engagements from pre-sale and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff
· Deep understanding of cloud computing and/or web-based solutions and technologies including Salesforce/Force.com Platform, Backend languages (Java, C, C++), ETL tools (Informatica, Cast Iron, Boomi, JitterBit), and Side-server scripting language (PHP, Python, Ruby)
· Strong technical writing skills. The ability take the lead role in developing comprehensive functional specification documents, process flow diagrams, configuration details, use cases, test conditions, test scripts and training documentation
· Demonstrates excellence in understanding complex business processes and ability to apply scenarios to Salesforce "Story-lines" as well as make business process modification suggestions to align with Salesforce best practices
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; executive level presence and experience facilitating meetings
· Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical business users from various backgrounds including Sales, Support and Marketing.
· Salesforce Administrator and/or Developer certification required. Sales Cloud and Service Cloud Certification would be required but are not a pre-requisite for the role.
· Experience with both agile and waterfall implementation methodologies
· B.S. in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
· At least four years’ experience in onsite functional or technical roles on full-lifecycle SFDC implementations, with strong expertise in at least two of the following the areas/modules:
· At least one year of experience as Solution Architect, Technical Lead, or Integration Lead for implementations including SFDC and at least four integration endpoints.
The travel requirements are estimated to be in the 25 – 50% range.