Principal Consultants play a critical role in helping our clients customers achieve the business value they seek from the Community-led, multi-cloud solutions we provide, as well as helping to grow our company through client satisfaction and value realization. Our Principle Consultants serve as a primary contact person between our company and our clients, with ability to effectively understand our client’s business environment and identify needs and opportunities, and then mapping their needs to our comprehensive portfolio of services, capabilities and solutions. Principle Consultants often begin involvement with clients during the Sales cycle to help define, shape and propose a solution for their clients, and then continue throughout the delivery lifecycle.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a deep understanding of our clients products, services, resources/skillsets and delivery methodologies.
- Broad-based familiarity with community-led, multi-cloud best practices, including community planning & strategy development, implementation/launch, driving user adoption and activation, and ongoing management of online communities to drive business outcomes.
- Monitor and maintain awareness of Salesforce platform releases and impacts on customers/projects.
- Opportunity Assessment/Selling Asset Development: Supporting pre-sales activities to assess a client situation/opportunity and then guiding/driving the development of compelling and market relevant documents and materials, including writing, reviewing and approving proposals and associated estimates.
- Solution Shaping: Supporting pre-sales activities to assess a client situation/opportunity, and then appropriately leveraging our clients Solution Model, comprehensive competencies, and portfolio of assets and related offerings to define overall solutions to meet prospective client needs, collaborating with both sales and delivery resources to define appropriate solution and sales strategies.
- Commercial Agreement Development: Guiding and contributing to developing, reviewing, refining client engagement documents (e.g. Statements of Work, Change orders).
- Demand/Resource Planning: Collaborating with Sales and Delivery leadership to support sales forecasting and resource planning activities, including the definition of specific resource requirements, levels, and timing to foster effective allocation and staffing of our clients team members.
- Sales Collaboration: Building / leveraging productive relationships with business development and alliance partner resources to help assess and qualify opportunities.
- Demand Generation/Marketing Support: Participating and driving net new leads through thought leadership events and other marketing channels – attending or speaking at conferences, authoring white papers / blogs / thought leadership materials, other promotional activities that successfully lead to new business.
- Client relationship management – building long-term, profitable relationships with key accounts, developing “trusted advisor” relationships with client leadership.
- Solution Delivery leadership – includes understanding customers’ business objectives, success measures or other key performance indicators (KPIs) and working across all competency teams to align efforts to deliver impactful, high quality solutions at assigned accounts.
- Project Execution Oversight – working with the Project Manager to define and monitor project approach, including work plans, resource strategies, milestone checkpoints, etc., to foster on-time, on-budget completion of engagements with high-quality outcomes that meet or exceed client expectations while achieving target margins from our clients perspective.
- Account management – facilitating ongoing communications and guiding efforts to develop formal client solution-delivery related agreements (e.g. SOW’s, change orders) at assigned accounts.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree
- Experience with solutions leveraging web-based technologies, including Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud and/or Marketing Cloud.
- 8 - 10+ years of Business or Management Consulting experience, focused on delivering online business process, collaboration, community and/or Salesforce-based solutions (or similar web-based/digital development projects).
- 3 - 5 years of Project Management experience using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Travel requirements are in the range of 25-50%.
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
- Salesforce Administrator certification, preferred.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.